[mythtv-users] Recordings from nonexistent channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 31 20:36:56 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 03:41 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 07/31/2012 08:59 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Digging through the database may not be the best or easiest
>> way to find out what's going on--at least not without at least
>> using the other easier-to-find information about the recording
>> that's in mythfrontend.
> Understood, and thank you.
>
> I've been looking at this problem using MythWeb and deleting the
> recordings when I spot them, in order to avoid frustration on the
> part of my better half (and also in order to give the system
> permission to re-record the show as soon as possible, as opposed
> to only when I get a chance to look at it when at home).

I'll look at the rest later, but wanted to mention that you can ensure
MythTV can re-record the episodes by selecting the episode in Watch
Recordings, then using MENU|Recording Options|Allow this program to
re-record , and you don't need to delete the recording, so you could
keep it around for some debugging.  If you also change the recording
title (MENU|Recording Options|Change Recording Title), it won't be
listed with the good recordings of that series, and confuse other users
of the box.  (Since it seems it's happening frequently, feel free to
delete them using MythWeb until you're around the box where you can
allow re-record/edit title for one.)

Mike