[mythtv-users] LiveTV frontend erroring out

fred watt fredwattmythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:45:45 UTC 2012

Had very similar problems over the with LiveTV weekend.  Also been a user
for 6+ years.  My problems turning out to be the EIT processing caused the
same socket errors as you see.  I was using Active EIT.  I could not tune
into Live TV, and frontend locks etc.

Took me a long time to find the problem - but when I turned off EIT for
each card (in mythtv-setup) I could use live TV again.

I'm now using XMLTV with myth .25.  LiveTV is working.

Worth a go... trying turning off EIT and see what happens?

Fred.