[mythtv-users] ttvdb.py question

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jul 27 23:10:45 UTC 2012

On 7/27/2012 18:30, Chris Gentle wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>> The simple solution is to just make the series name not ambiguous.
>> Instead of using "Castle" or "Office", use "Castle (2009)" or "The
>> Office (US)".  If you don't like that option, the script will read
>> overrides from ~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf by default, if such a file
>> exists. Add lines to it such as...
>>

>> [series_name_override]
>> Castle:83462
>> Office:73244
>>

> OK, thanks for your quick answer.
>
> I've got this set up now in the account of the user that will be doing
> metadata lookups.  Does ttvdb.py run periodically or just when you
> browse into a MythVideo folder?  What's the best way to force it to
> run?  I went into a couple of the folders that are missing metadata
> lookup and nothing seems to be happening.  I was under the impression
> that in .25 it would do lookups when you enter the folder.

MythTV 0.24 and later will optionally perform metadata lookup on all new
content added to the database during a file scan.  This option is
disabled by default.  You can also call this bulk lookup independent of
the content scan, but it will only operate on a given video once, after
which it is marked as processed, and skipped on subsequent passes.  The
only other time MythTV performs a metadata lookup is when you call it
interactively for one specific video.