[mythtv-users] ttvdb.py question

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:30:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> The simple solution is to just make the series name not ambiguous. Instead
> of using "Castle" or "Office", use "Castle (2009)" or "The Office (US)".
>  If you don't like that option, the script will read overrides from
> ~/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf by default, if such a file exists. Add lines to it
> such as...
>

> [series_name_override]
> Castle:83462
> Office:73244

OK, thanks for your quick answer.

I've got this set up now in the account of the user that will be doing
metadata lookups.  Does ttvdb.py run periodically or just when you browse
into a MythVideo folder?  What's the best way to force it to run?  I went
into a couple of the folders that are missing metadata lookup and nothing
seems to be happening.  I was under the impression that in .25 it would do
lookups when you enter the folder.

--
Chris