[mythtv-users] 'End late' ignored when recording LiveTV

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 19:19:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

I noticed recently that if I toggle the recording status on a programme
I'm watching via LiveTV, the recording often stops before the programme
does because the 'End late' value was not applied.

I did a bit of digging in the code and found this is done intentionally:

void TVRec::NotifySchedulerOfRecording(RecordingInfo *rec)
{
     // + remove DefaultEndOffset which would mismatch the live session
     rec->GetRecordingRule()->m_endOffset = 0;
}

The comment for NotifySchedulerOfRecording seems to indicate that this
goes against the purpose of this method:

"In this case the scheduler needs to know about the recording so it
  can properly take overrecord into account, and to properly
  reschedule other recordings around to avoid this recording."

Normally I'd open a ticket but since it's been done intentionally I
thought I'd check here to see if anyone can explain why.

I don't need this feature very often but there's not much point using it
at all if there's a good chance it's going to cause me to miss the end
of the programme.

Richard.