[mythtv-users] Recording directly to RAID

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:08:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Is anyone recording directly to RAID?  If so, what type/size, how many
> simultaneous recordings and how well does it work?

I'm about to attempt to move both the OS, and disk where I do my
recording to a btrfs RAID 1 array of two SSDs.  If that fails, I'll
probably try mdadm before hardware RAID, as I want this to be portable
if I swap the disk controller.  Either way, I wanted mirroring for my
OS drive.  I have a cron job setup that moves all recordings not in
use to a directory in a backup storage group on a 6 TB RAID 10 btrfs
array.  I can't wait until RAID 5/6 for btrfs is finalized.  What a
waste of space.

=-Jameson