[mythtv-users] DAB+ Support in MythTV or another Linux GUI?

Andrew Leech coronasensei at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 04:59:12 UTC 2012

On 27/07/12 2:31 PM, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just found a DAB+ usb stick (this is what we Australian's need) with
> Linux drivers. However, I can't find any HMI or GUI applications for
> this device if/how can I connect it to MythTV or another Linux GUI app?
>
> Cheers.

I second your call, I'd love some dab+ support in mythtv.

First requirement, what chipset's your dab+ stick running on?
Not a Realtek rtl2832/rtl2838 by any chance? Its linux drivers handle
dvb-t fine, but didn't support dab/dab+ last time I looked. I think it
may be possible to use dab/dab+ through the gnuradio system, but haven't
got around to trying that yet.

Otherwise if it's different hardware with known dab drivers/cmd line
tools, excellent. Let us know what it's called and what software you do
have, and can work from there. It may be relatively easy to whip up a
page on mythtv that calls the required cmd line scripts to tune/play as
a simple workaround.

Andrew