[mythtv-users] Video menu settings

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 26 23:00:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:26:12 +0100, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Thinking about it, it's probably actually the menu theme (defaultmenu,
> classic, dvr, mediacenter or whatever).  I'll try to test it out on my
> system later, but I'd expect it /should/ work, or we'd have seen more
> complaints.

I thought along those lines last week but didn't dare to disagree with
Mike!

It seems to me you're still picking up a 0.24 version of
video_settings.xml from somewhere: "mythfrontend -v gui" will log the file
it's actually using.

0.25 merged the mythvideo plugin into core so all the video menus changed.
The 0.25 version has "VIDEO_" prepended to the action names, ie.

  <button>
       <type>VIDEO_SETTINGS_GENERAL</type>
       <text>General Settings</text>
       <action>VIDEO_SETTINGS_GENERAL</action>
       <description>File Paths and general options</description>
  </button>

If you are using a video_settings.xml from  /usr/share/mythtv/themes/...
and it doesn't have these actions then maybe a corrupt installation/update
?