[mythtv-users] logitech harmony setup (hell) - wiki outdated?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Jul 26 20:46:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I got my fingers on Logitech Harmony 1000. I learned it really needs
windows to set it up, which is a serious downside for a linux person.
But too late for that, need to setup XP in KVM...

I read the Harmony page on mythwiki [1], and it tells to use some
mythtv setup from harmony. And Harmony setup page suggests MythDora.
After I choose it, it successfully adds mythtv pvr as a new device.
The problem is now that it won't allow it to be used in any of the
activities. How can I add a new activity with it?

I setup PS3 as a DVD and movie player for activities, since it was the
easiest to start with. Now I would like to setup a new e.g. "Watch
Recordings" activity for MythTV, but it won't appear on the list of
devices capable of carrying out the activity.

About the wiki. Someone really sat down and wrote a lot about it,
thanks for him. But he doesn't mention about such activity problems.
Also I noticed that people here on the list seem to use rather some
Windows Media Center config for Harmony, instead of the MythTV one.
See thread "Finding a suitable device for a Harmony remote" [2]
earlier this year. Is the wiki outdated?

I would hate to pick the wrong way forward, just to find out after two
weeks of setup hell that I picked the wrong way, and need to start all
over again the other way. Please share your experiences along with the
lirc setup file for the chosen Harmony config.

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup
[2] http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/328985.html