[mythtv-users] HDHomerun - what is mythtv doing ?!?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 26 13:02:45 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 06:23 AM, Pieter De Wit wrote:
> I currently have my mythtv on the idle screen. If I look at my current
> status, myth says it's idle:
>
> Encoder 11 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
> Encoder 12 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
> Encoder 13 [ HDHOMERUN :  ] is local on media and is not recording.
> Encoder 14 [ HDHOMERUN : ] is local on media and is not recording.
>
> Yet, my Homerun is pushing 4megbit of data to my server, at the
> request of MythTV. I have disabled EPG on the tuners and set them to
> On Demand. Looking at the status of the homerun, it seems that mythtv
> is scanning channels as the two tuners flick between the three
> transponders tuned.
>
> Any pointers ?

That sounds like EIT collection.  Disable EIT/on-air guide on your video
source if you really don't want it.  If you just disable it on capture
cards, it doesn't actually disable the EIT collection thread--just
disables using particular cards for it--so it's possible that it's still
enabled somewhere.  Disabling it on cards is only meant to be used for
cards where using it causes problems (i.e. the 2nd tuner of a Nova T 500).

For those who don't want any EIT collection, it should be disabled on
the video sources.

For those who want EIT, but only on certain channels, it should be
disabled on individual channels within the video source.

Mike