[mythtv-users] Master backend trying to record to non-existent directory

Bob Cottingham bobnvic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:54:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 03:52 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> OK, all looks good there, and it's not the "simple" explanation.  So that
>> means we'll need a good log from your backends run at -v file,schedule
>> --loglevel debug .  Whole log please (shut down the backends, then start at
>> that level and run it until you've seen a recording fail when it chooses the
>> wrong directory).
>
> And while we're at it, can I get the output from:
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'SELECT * FROM storagegroup;'

Does the backend only check for valid directories at startup?  With
the log settings you provided I can see that the backend did a check
and had the right settings, with a statement that it wouldn't use the
/var/tv and /var/tv2 directories.  I haven't seen it attempt to record
to one of them yet, however I'm having trouble viewing the log now
that it is over 183MB.

I'm assuming I must have messed up by having the backend start while
having the NFS mounts in place and then removing the mounts without
restarting the backend.  I'll feel pretty stupid if I've been doing
that repeatedly, but I wouldn't be too surprised.

Here is the storage group table:
 +----+-------------+----------+----------------------------------+
| id | groupname   | hostname | dirname                          |
+----+-------------+----------+----------------------------------+
|  9 | Default     | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/tv/recordings/       |
| 12 | Default     | mythbox  | /var/tv/recordings/              |
| 10 | Default     | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/tv2/recordings/      |
| 11 | Default     | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/tv3/recordings/      |
| 14 | Default     | mythbox  | /var/tv2/recordings/             |
| 15 | Videos      | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/videos/              |
| 16 | Coverart    | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/artwork/coverart/    |
| 17 | Fanart      | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/artwork/fanart/      |
| 18 | Screenshots | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/artwork/screenshots/ |
| 19 | Banners     | mythbox  | /var/mythtv/artwork/banners/     |