[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase running but not doing anything - 0.25fixes

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Jul 24 01:34:47 UTC 2012

> Mythweb shows the following:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2012-07-23 10:48:20 and ended on
> 2012-07-23 10:48:20. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data
> into the Guide for 1 of 2 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber
> failure.
> Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: 2012-07-24 16:07.
> There's guide data until 2012-08-01 04:00 (9 days).
> DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on Wed Jun 19 (2013) 11:16 PM
>

> Yet, when I look at /var/log/mythtv/**mythfilldatabase.log, I don't
> really see any problems.
>
> When I run it manually with simply:
> mythfilldatabase
>
> It runs (though slowly) and succeeds and populates everything.
>
> I am running on Mythbuntu 12.04.
>
> And to be honest, I am not really sure what command I should run to get
> you the version of MythTV installed, though I know it is running 0.25 fixes.

Did you recently run an update on your system?  Have you rebooted since?

I think there is a package that was updated recently that breaks
mythfilldatabase until you reboot (probably a way to skip the reboot but I
never found it).  Several people have had the same issue, myself included.
 At least two of us were working fine after a reboot.

Let me know if it works for ya.