[mythtv-users] Backup software

Amy Overmyer aovermy at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 23:35:45 UTC 2012

>> Disks are so large these days that the only practical way of backing them up is to other disks.  I don't ??>>understand reusing small disks, as a 2TB costs only about a hundred now.

But it's for a slave backend that only needs enough space for its own software. Plus the computer only has IDE ports, and I don't want to use a PCI slot for a SATA controller if I don't need to, as the more stuff I hook up, the warmer it will be inside the case. This PC sits in a basement and controls satellite dishes and motors. When it records, it uses the LAN to record to the master backend.