[mythtv-users] 0.25 SQL CPU Load issues after optimisation

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jul 23 19:18:06 UTC 2012

Doesn't always work, at least in the UK. We /also/ have other channels
like Dave, Yesterday, etc which show recycled programs from the main
group of BBC/ITV/Cannel4/Channel5.

> When programs pop up on these other channels, they may not be marked
> as repeat (or as recently, "rerun") and may have different program ids
> as well.
>
> My rules list is cluttered with exceptions where I've had to remove
> extraneous showings of series from two seasons back.
>
> Sometimes, 'On this channel' (or perhaps, 'On this group of
> channels?') is what we need to filter out the repeats.

I've deleted Dave and the rest from my list. The one program a year I
might have wanted to watch  that I now miss is more than made up for by
the effort saved in no longer having to delete those old episodes.

I also have deleted all the +1 channels too. However I have only
freeview and three dual tuners so conflicts aren't an issue for me. I
can see that if you have fewer tuners or more channels you would need to
keep them.

After retunes I make sure that the seven or eight channels I care about
retain their chanid. If I cared about more than that I would use an sql
list to maintain them for me.