[mythtv-users] 0.25 SQL CPU Load issues after optimisation

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:40:11 UTC 2012

On 23 July 2012 16:35, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 11:14 AM, Another Sillyname wrote:
>>
>> So mythweb can become incredibly cluttered with non recording versions
>> of a program if you don't use the 'record on this channel only'
>> option.
>

> That's why there's an option to show or not show the Deactivated recordings
> in MythWeb's Upcoming Recording page.  Unchecking the option removes all
> those "Earlier"/"Later" showings.
>

> Mike

I know that, but removing information from the Mythweb display means
sometimes you miss information you may need to see - for example on
the BBC channels 301 Red Button Channel is not a channel I'd normally
look at in my listings unless I was looking for something specific,
it's useful to see in mythweb upcoming that it is reshowing extended
highlights of Formula 1 that are longer then the showing on BBC 1 even
though it uses the same PROGID and therefore not scheduled to record.

My point is not that your way is wrong, it's that sometimes people
have to go a different way for good reasons.