[mythtv-users] 0.25 channel icons not being found/opened

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:18:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 10:09 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Understood. From what I've noticed, mythtv-setup doesn't support it,
>>> so it will always put it in ~/.mythtv/channels AND in the channel
>>> table place the full /home/<user>/.mythtv/channels/  in front of the
>>> icon file.
>>>
>>> so when the user adds new icons they will have to link their user
>>> channels folder to the location of their storage group, and remove the
>>> folder info in the channel table. so a big *at your own risk*
>>> disclaimer.
>>

>> No, if you put your channel icons into a shared network directory (or
>> place a copy on each frontend in a MythTV storage location--after all, it's
>> tiny compared to recordings), then symlink ~/.mythtv/channels to that
>> directory, all should work fine (at least it does for me).
>

> That said, we will eventually fix up the channel icons mess...  I'm not
> saying that it's perfect, now, just that we don't need "fancy" workarounds
> or direct DB editing to make it work everywhere.  :)

yea, agreed! I wanted to see how trying that would affect things. not
as clean and neat as a simple symlink, though it does look to avoid
having to NFS mount your icon location to each frontend (? for better
or worse?)

I figured it would get looked at eventually, as there does seem to be
a big push to use storage groups for everything, but the lesser stuff
like this is not a rush. I'd prefer time be spent on MythMusic being
able to use storage groups =D

thanks!

--
Steve