[mythtv-users] Live-TV and Job Queue

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:49:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>> > On 04.07.2012 15:11, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> >
>> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
>> > <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ever since I upgraded from 0.24-fixes to 0.25.1-fixes I have noticed my
>> > commercial flagging and metadata jobs are triggered for Live TV. This
>> > did
>> > not happen under 0.24. Is this expected behavior or is their some option
>> > missed or is stuck???
>> >
>> > No. It shouldn't happen. There was a bug where job queue handling wasn't
>> > working properly for 2nd of back-to-back recordings. Are you before or
>> > after
>> > the fix for that?
>> >
>> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/520508#520508
>> >
>> > Mike
>> >
>> > I am on the current (as of today) Mythbuntu 0.25 repos build and I've
>> > seen
>> > the same behavior for a while now. It appeared they got queued and then
>> > stopped almost immediately, so I assumed this was intended behavior.
>> > However, in looking at the Status page of Mythweb, I can see that the
>> > News
>> > at 6 I am watching right now is happily commflagging away.
>> >
>> > you may also notice that when a scheduled recording interrupts livetv
>> > that it is put in the livetv group. livetv in 0.25 is rather borked
>> > atm.
>> >
>> > Not wanting to high-jack the mail, but when you say LiveTV is borked...
>> >
>> > I am preparing a migration from .24+fixes to .25+fixes and have been
>> > reading
>> > through tickets and mailing list to be sure it is the right time.
>> >
>> > Should I wait a little longer, when having to consider WAF
>>
>> if you use livetv a fair amount I would, one of the Dev's has this
>> issue on his list of things to fix, so it should get looked at
>> hopefully before 0.26.
>> there are a lot of nice things about 0.25, but there are some pretty
>> basic things that I feel have been broken that make the overall
>> usefulness drop since 0.24, especially if 0.24 is running fine for
>> you.
>

> Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just noticed that my system has
> about 100 queued jobs for commercial flagging after doing some livetv
> channel hopping last night (been transcoding a couple dozen recordings so
> jobs haven't run).  Anyway I'm really worried that, once the my system gets
> caught back up, I'm gonna run into issues watching livetv due to the
> commercial flagging.
>
> I searched through trac and didn't see a ticket for this, was there one
> submitted?
>
> I am running the latest nightly from the mythbuntu repo's so I believe I'm
> all up to date (0.25.2-3-gf0e2ad8).
>
> Can anyone point me at the ticket so I can keep an eye on how things
> progess?
>
> Thanks!

Dan has put together a patch that is now in 0.26 to fix this. i tried
compiling the patch against 0.25 but it ended up borking my ability to
watch LiveTV at all, something I wrote another email to this list
about. I don't know if it is why this happened to me, but I am now of
course unable to test if it works backported to 0.25....

but it sounds like 0.26 will fix the issue.

that said, I don't know if it fixes the adding of livetv to the job
queue for commercial flagging, but it should solve the scheduled
recordings while watching livetv issue.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!