[mythtv-users] Live-TV and Job Queue

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jul 23 05:18:12 UTC 2012

> > On 04.07.2012 15:11, Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Scott & Nicole Harris
> > <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ever since I upgraded from 0.24-fixes to 0.25.1-fixes I have noticed my
> > commercial flagging and metadata jobs are triggered for Live TV. This did
> > not happen under 0.24. Is this expected behavior or is their some option
> > missed or is stuck???
> >
> > No. It shouldn't happen. There was a bug where job queue handling wasn't
> > working properly for 2nd of back-to-back recordings. Are you before or
> after
> > the fix for that?
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/520508#520508
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > I am on the current (as of today) Mythbuntu 0.25 repos build and I've
> seen
> > the same behavior for a while now. It appeared they got queued and then
> > stopped almost immediately, so I assumed this was intended behavior.
> > However, in looking at the Status page of Mythweb, I can see that the
> News
> > at 6 I am watching right now is happily commflagging away.
> >
> > you may also notice that when a scheduled recording interrupts livetv
> > that it is put in the livetv group. livetv in 0.25 is rather borked
> > atm.
> >
> > Not wanting to high-jack the mail, but when you say LiveTV is borked...
> >
> > I am preparing a migration from .24+fixes to .25+fixes and have been
> reading
> > through tickets and mailing list to be sure it is the right time.
> >
> > Should I wait a little longer, when having to consider WAF
>
> if you use livetv a fair amount I would, one of the Dev's has this
> issue on his list of things to fix, so it should get looked at
> hopefully before 0.26.
> there are a lot of nice things about 0.25, but there are some pretty
> basic things that I feel have been broken that make the overall
> usefulness drop since 0.24, especially if 0.24 is running fine for
> you.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just noticed that my system has
about 100 queued jobs for commercial flagging after doing some livetv
channel hopping last night (been transcoding a couple dozen recordings so
jobs haven't run).  Anyway I'm really worried that, once the my system gets
caught back up, I'm gonna run into issues watching livetv due to the
commercial flagging.

I searched through trac and didn't see a ticket for this, was there one
submitted?

I am running the latest nightly from the mythbuntu repo's so I believe I'm
all up to date (0.25.2-3-gf0e2ad8).

Can anyone point me at the ticket so I can keep an eye on how things
progess?

Thanks!