[mythtv-users] Analog cards

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:49:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:28:04 +0200
Stefan D <raptorjr08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a good Analog capture card for use on Charter, in
> > the US.
> >
> > I had been using a .23fixes for my mother's system and HVR-2250. She
> > started using LiveTV more, and was having issues with audio being
> > garbled, so I upgraded her system to Magiea 2 and 25 fixes
> > (Compiled from Git) and a Schedule Direct channel line up.
> >
> > The card works fine for scheduled records, but constantly fails to
> > tune on LiveTV.
> >
> > It seems that, once it's found a channel, it'll refuse to turn to
> > any others.
> >
> > I put together a test system today, Dual core AMD, Kernel 3.5
> > (Compiled from source) and an extra 2250 that I had access to and
> > today's git pull. Same issue.
> >
> > So,  I'm looking for suggestions on a replacement tuner, hopefully
> > one that is at least a dual tuner PCI or PCIe and works well with
> > myth and analog.

> I dont think it is the card that is the problem, but maybe you want to
> change anyway? I have a analog PVR250 card that has the same problem.
> The first channel works fine but if i try to change it fails.
> If i try another TV application i have no problem to switch channels
> with the card. So i think it is a Myth problem, not a problem with
> your card.

Correct. I had PVR-250 which didn't change channels with 0.24 and I was
told to get 2250. Sure enough, I obtained it and it stopped working
with 0.25.
My workaround is to switch to a digital channel and then back to
analog, works every time. Cumbersome, but at least I can do it with
remote.

--
Cheers, Saul