[mythtv-users] hdpvr latest firmware color saturation issue question

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 03:39:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> so I've updated my system and am using the latest hdpvr firmware. I
> have the color saturation issue, but placing
> v4l2-ctl --verbose -d /dev/video1 --set-ctrl brightness=0x80
> --set-ctrl contrast=0x40 --set-ctrl hue=0xf --set-ctrl saturation=0x40
> --set-ctrl sharpness=0x80
> at the end of the channel change script does not fix the problem, I
> have to run it again, manually, from an ssh session.
>
> is this the way it is supposed to be or did I miss something in how I set
> it up?

It is on my To Do list to add "picture control" support for the HD-PVR in
Myth.  I just haven't had time to do any development in a while.  Part of
the problem, is that my HD-PVRs are often busy when I do think about
playing with it.  I may be able to work on it tomorrow -- if not, it will
have to be after the Olympics.

John