[mythtv-users] Metadata not working: please give me a hand here!

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sat Jul 21 12:07:17 UTC 2012

Paul,
     Here is what I do to get all available artwork with my TV recordings.
1) Updated all my repeating recording rules with reference numbers from
TTVDB or TMDB. It was initially a pain but well worth the effort. I used
the frontend interface for this task.
2) When scheduling a new recording I always add the associated reference
number. I like using MythWeb for this but that is personal choice.
3) I added a crontab entry that runs overnight every night (2:30 AM).
This entry was added under my user account on the same machine which
runs my mythbackend using "crontab -e". There is no need for root access.

30 2 * * * /usr/local/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork

The next day any available artwork has been down loaded and will display
in the "Watch Recordings" screen.

I hope this helps.

Doug