[mythtv-users] Auto mythfilldatabase not populating new data, manual run works fine

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:07:17 UTC 2012

I recently upgraded my primary backend from 11.04 to 11.10 and also
from .24 to .25  I plan on moving to 12.04 but would like to get this
little issue corrected first.

It seems that when mythfilldatabase runs daily on its automatic
schedule no new data is added to the listngs.  I let the system run
for a few days like this and after 3 or so days I was down to 11 or 10
days worth of data and each time it reported there was no new listings
added.

If I open an SSH session and run mythfilldatabase manually it runs and
does populate with new listings.

I have not done much troubleshooting beyond running the script
manually as I have not been at the house when the auto script ran
shortly thereafter to look at logs.