[mythtv-users] Sound in mythtv but no where else

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 04:02:34 UTC 2012

Well things have changed, for the worse.
I tried as jyavenard suggested.  Still had no sound outside of mythtv with hdmi.
So, I decided to switch back to spdif as I had upgraded alsa in the last few days.  I wanted to see if the popping sound still existed when I exit or enter live tv.  It still pops.
So I decided to ho back to hdmi.  Now when I try any of the hdmi options in the setup menu, then use test speakers, I get an error "audio device is invalid or not useable"  That goes for any of the hdmi choices.  And of course there is no sound in mythtv now.
Not sure what is going on but I am considering a clean install.  Something is just hosed.
Right now I am using spdif and living with the popping sound.
Strange that spdif works everywhere but hdmi does not.  If the spdif did not pop and hum, I would just use it.
I will give this a few more days and maybe do a clean install this weekend.