[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Gaming Edition

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:37:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> Saw the HD-PVR "Gaming Edition" on sale a while ago, my (standard edition)
> is acting up.  Anyone tried this with mythtv?

I have not, but I did some research on it, and apparently there is no
difference as far as the hardware for recording/encoding goes. I
believe the big difference was the cables it came with, the software
it came with, and that it does not have the IR blaster port.

that said, for a short time it was cheaper, but now they are about the
same price as each other, sale pricing being the only difference.

I don't see why it would not work just fine for MythTV use though as
long as you don't need the IR blaster port.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!