[mythtv-users] Changing locale and language to de_CH to make umlauts work

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Tue Jul 17 13:04:26 UTC 2012

Hi all

I had to change the grabber. I'm now using tv_grab_ch_search.
Now I have problems with umlauts which aren't displayed correctly.

I have changed the locales to de_CH.UTF-8. In Mythweb > Setting > MythTV
> Settings Table I have changed for the media-server host the Country to
CH and the language to de_CH.

Unfortunately I can't install mythfrontend because I have another
program that depends on a new python version.

Here's the log from mythfilldatabase:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vszjbM2d

It keeps telling me:
"No locale defaults file for de_CH, skipping".

Do you have any idea what I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Ramon