[mythtv-users] Olympics recording schedule

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Tue Jul 17 01:31:04 UTC 2012

For those that plan on recording some of the Olympic events, I was
wondering what your recording schedules look like. I've got a single
Power Search set set to record specific events, and I have it set to
any time on any channel, no duplicate checking, and no autoexpire (see
below for my power search). I've got a decent amount of space and
recordings that can autoexpire, but I might need to tap into my NAS
storage if this accrues faster than I can watch it. With this
schedule, it should record both opening and closing ceremonies, and
all of the 4 sports (I'm assuming Track will work, as I don't see
Track nor Field in any of the upcoming recordings).

program.title = 'XXX Summer Olympics' AND (program.subtitle LIKE
'%Gymnastics%' OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Swimming%' OR
program.subtitle LIKE '%Basketball%' OR program.subtitle LIKE
'%Track%' OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Ceremony%')

Is there a better recording schedule? Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos