[mythtv-users] Miro & Mirobridge on 12.04

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Jul 15 14:05:11 UTC 2012

Jr,
     From the data you provided it looks like the Miro 11.10 (Natty) deb
is being installed on 12.04 (Precise), from a Miro PPA. I am not sure
why that is happening but I suggest removing/disable the Miro PPA from
your "Other Software" repository settings. After refreshing/updating
your repository information you will have a 12.04 compatible Miro v4.04
deb available for installation.

Please back up your Miro database directory (~/.miro) before trying the
Miro v4.04 install just in case the database had been updated by a
previous version of Miro that was a higher than v4.04 (e.g. v4.06). I
have no idea if there would be any issues but better safe than sorry.

Assuming the installation worked just start Miro once to let any updates
occur then try mirobridge. See wiki for testing:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MiroBridge#Test_that_your_installation_is_properly_configured

Good Luck

Doug