[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Jul 15 11:43:44 UTC 2012

On 14/07/2012 5:07 PM, jr wrote:
> My four(?) year old Harmony 550 had a catastrophic encounter with a
> boot heel this afternoon.  As such, I am in search of a new remote to
> control my DVD, Roku, MythTV and Televison.  Anyone have a current
> favorite remote to suggest as a replacement?
>
> jr
I recently relegated my Harmony 550 to the kids room (where I expect it
will meet a similar fate to yours) replacing it with a Harmony 700.
Felt better in the hands, works with all my equipment
(MCE/CommandIR/BlueRay/Receiver/etc) and comes with rechargeable
batteries (just no docking station - so must be plugged into a usb port
to charge, or which there is no lack of in this household) - not to
mention that battery life is much better then the 550.

YMMV, Cheers,

Andrew.