[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Sun Jul 15 10:51:03 UTC 2012

On 15 July 2012 16:11, jr <jraymyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Geoff B <geoffbon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 14, 2012 5:07 PM, "jr" wrote:
> >>
> >> My four(?) year old Harmony 550 had a catastrophic encounter with a
> >> boot heel this afternoon.  As such, I am in search of a new remote to
> >> control my DVD, Roku, MythTV and Televison.  Anyone have a current
> >> favorite remote to suggest as a replacement?
> >>
> >> jr
> >
> > I've had good luck with the Harmony One, initially in conjunction with a
> > HDHR as an IR receiver, and now with a cheap generic MCE receiver (it
> took
> > two different makes to get one that works with the Harmony - if you go
> this
> > route let me know, I'm happy to look up the model).
> > I'm using Mythbuntu 12.04,and besides Myth it drives an amp, TV,
> Squeezebox,
> > and a DVD player.
> > Cheers,
> > Geoff

> How does the Harmony One do for size.  It looks large.  I bought a
> large universal remote once about 15 years ago, and my better half
> found it awkward to use.   Eventually a note was nailed to it reading,
> "We need a new remote."

Size is fine I prefer it Much better then the Haromny 1100i which had too
few buttons (I took it back to replace it with the ONE) and got to love the
rechargable batteries and docking station as long as your keep an eye on
the levels although a spare phone is a good stop gap if you do happen to
forget to put it on charge.

Anthony