[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes: mythvideo, storage groups, one specific frontend won't play video

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 05:55:29 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/2012 02:06 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>>> Both the master server IP address and the "this" server IP address need
>>> be set properly on all machines (even frontend-only machines, as I
>>> understand it).
>>
>> well, in the database none of the frontend only machines have
>>
>> "backend" ip address settings table entries, and still some work and
>> some don't. I'm thinking I'm going to try wiping one frontend and
>> starting from scratch to see what happens. Where does mythfrontend
>> look for the server ip when mythvideo tries to play a file?
>

> But it's not worth just starting up mythtv-setup to specify the IP address
> to find out if it helps?  (Or maybe mythfrontend -p, instead, if that asks
> about IP addresses?)
>

> Mike

mythtv-setup, for the IP information, shows the exact same thing on
all the frontends, working or not. (I mentioned this early in the
thread).
I tried mythfrontend -p on one of the machines, and when I try to
select my backend it says "Unknown #500", if I choose "manual" it goes
into the frontend but videos still don't work.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!