[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 02:06:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> I've seen this reported before but have been unable to reproduce
> to troubleshoot.  From the master backend, try to download
> ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/3rdParty/jwplayer.zip and then
> unzip that file in ~/.mythtv/3rdParty and it should create a
> JW_Player subdirectory.  The reinstall button should then go away.
> Make sure the JW_Player directory and contents are readable by
> the user running mythbackend.

I'll try but I think I know at least part of the problem. I kept
monitoring ~/.mythtv/3rdParty like everything says, but it actually
ended up getting installed to /etc/mythtv/3rdParty. For whatever
reason, even though it's installed there the re-install button doesn't
go away and I can't stream recordings, although the sample file works
fine.

This must be due to the following in the (packaged) init script:
MYTHCONFDIR=/etc/mythtv

Since I maintain the packages for RPM Fusion, I'd really like to get
to the bottom of this and figure it out.

Thanks,
Richard