[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes: mythvideo, storage groups, one specific frontend won't play video

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:06:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 11:19 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> yea, each one that was trying IPv6 before is now using 127.0.0.1 even
>> though the MasterServerIP is set to 192.168.1.151 while the ones that
>> worked before are properly using 192.168.1.151.
>>

> Both the master server IP address and the "this" server IP address need to
> be set properly on all machines (even frontend-only machines, as I
> understand it).
>
> Mike

well, in the database none of the frontend only machines have
"backend" ip address settings table entries, and still some work and
some don't. I'm thinking I'm going to try wiping one frontend and
starting from scratch to see what happens. Where does mythfrontend
look for the server ip when mythvideo tries to play a file?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!