[mythtv-users] How to install Mythbuntu on XenServer?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:32:39 UTC 2012

>> I'm still working on figuring out how to get all my old recording data
>> into the new backend, but I just haven't had the time to sit and do
>> it.

> Full backup.  Full restore.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

I have an existing server which is FC14. My repo is ATrpms and I think
support for FC14 may have terminated so I'm stuck on MythTV 0.24. I'm
looking at building a new virtual backend but that will be running
0.25 which has a different database to 0.24, so I guess a backup and
restore to the new backend is out - is that correct?

> Otherwise, you can move your recorded video to Video Library, but you'll
> lose all your recording history and such.

If you do this won't you end up with a whole load of unfriendly
filenames like 2576_20120713193000.mpg? Is there a way of converting
these to more friendly filenames? I know about mythlink.pl, but it
creates friendly filenames as symbolic links - is there a script that
will rename the actual recording files?