[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.25.1-fixes / HDHR3-EU DVB-C problem

Daniel Di Giacomo lists at dadigi.com
Thu Jul 12 23:27:16 UTC 2012

Am 12.07.2012 23:32, Karl Dietz wrote:

> The CRC Error is a false positive and can be ignored, see
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10495

Yes I've found this ticket in the meantime.

> The other errors can be due to bad signal quality, but if the same
> channel works in VLC but not MythTV, then its likely something else.

No it doesn't seem to be a signal quality issue.
There is only on frequency where signal quality is very poor (
a8qam256-6900:426Mhz with only around 50%).
Here I don't expect any reasonable results.
The others are quite ok between 70% and 85%.
I cannot detect any packet losses in the net and as said before, it
works fine with other software.

> Did these / this channel work before in MythTV?

Yes. I can record and watch all this channels from the KNC-One
PCI-tuners in my slave-backend, which is connected to the same 4-way
antenna amplifier.

> Does the problem only show on a single multiplex / frequency?

No it shows on all frequencies

> If its an issue with the multiplex then it should only apply to ARD
> stations (see
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabel-Multiplex-_und_Compression-Center )
> Btw, I have already successfully recorded from that multiplex (some
> months ago and with a plain PCI DVB card. I'm guessing your provider is
> Unitymedia based on your whois data)

That's right, provider is Unitymedia

Regards
Daniel