[mythtv-users] Can't watch TV Permission Denied opening recording file despite chmod a+rwx

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jul 12 21:13:05 UTC 2012

> On 7/11/12, John Brown<jb2904 at johnbrown.com.au>  wrote:
>>
>> Sure, but I am not sure where to put it. I've never contributed to a wiki
>> before. Where should it should go?
>>
>> John
>>

> Does http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Troubleshooting:Filesystem_Permissions
> look like a start?
> For some reason it does not show up in
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Troubleshooting.

  That looks great. I would have called it the 'parent' mount point
rather than the 'underlying' mount point, but that's semantics.

Only thing missing is a reference to fact that these fixes apply also to
hardware points such as /dev/dvb etc.

And a side point that sometimes, folders like /run/mythtv just do NOT
get created. Something about /run. I am using
/var/log/mythtv/backend.pid as /run/mythtv/backend.pid always fails on
Fedora 17.

Regarding where it showed up, there is some special incantation of "[[["
or whatever to create a new page UNDER an existing page. I don't know
how, I only know that it is tricky.

Geoff