[mythtv-users] Note about Verizon FIOS cable cards

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Thu Jul 12 15:36:34 UTC 2012

I think this is something others may benefit from so I'm posting an FYI to the
list.

I recently had a strange issue where all my cable card tuners (the hauppauge
version of the HDHome Run Prime) lost all their channel listings.  After
checking all the mythtv related settings and not finding anything, I called
Verizon and spent a bunch of time troubleshooting the cablecards with them,
having them refresh them and even had them remove them from my account and readd
them and it didn't fix the issue.

What did fix it was rebooting the Actiontec router in the house.  Apparently not
only does the Verizon cable boxes get the channel and guide data from the
router, but so do the cablecards.  Immediately after rebooting the router all
three cablecards saw their channels.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Scott