[mythtv-users] How to install Mythbuntu on XenServer?

Robert Rust rjrbytes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:20:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Michael Watson
<michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
> On 9/07/2012 8:12 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
>>
>> I would look to start with xubuntu or even an ubuntu minimal installation
>> instead of ubuntu as it will install less of the GNOME desktop services then
>> install mythbunutu-desktop ontop.
>>
> Pretty sure the XenServer install ubuntu-minimal, as it basically netboots
> and installs from a remote source.

I actually just installed MythTV under Xen over the weekend using
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  My Xen server is running Ubuntu 12.04 and I set up
a domU, then used tasksel to select the MythTV backend role, which
installed all the necessary bits.  After that, I was able to use X11
on my laptop, ssh to the new backend with X forwarding and run the
mythtv-setup application.
I'm still working on figuring out how to get all my old recording data
into the new backend, but I just haven't had the time to sit and do
it.

-Robert