[mythtv-users] Missing chunks of recordings

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:34:46 UTC 2012

I recently started having an issue where chunks of my recordings (from
a few seconds to sometimes several minutes) from my hdhomerun prime
are missing from the recording.  I've only examined a small sample
size so far, but it seems to be in all of them.  I have found no signs
of any issues in any of dmesg, /var/log/messages, or mythbackend log.
I made two changes to my system around the time i started seeing this
issue:

1. I removed a disk that was no longer functioning, moved what was my
mythvideo storage disk into the default storage group, and added a new
3tb external disk as my new mythvideo disk.  There are 3 physical
disks in the default storage group and I believe the issue has
appeared on all of them... so I don't believe I have a disk issue.
2. I added a splitter to my coax line coming into the hdhomerun prime.
 I would suspect that this is the issue but the recording quality
seems as good as ever during the periods where it is recording and
none of the other devices behind the splitter are exhibiting any
issues.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting options or other logs/verbose levels I
should be looking at?