[mythtv-users] how to make idle frontend exit?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Jul 9 18:34:58 UTC 2012

Petr Stehlik píše v Ne 08. 07. 2012 v 13:39 +0200:
> Hi all,
>
> in the new 0.25 mythfrontend there's an idle timer.

Michael and Thomas, thank you for your suggestions that are good for
MythTV < 0.25. I used to be using similar screensaver based system at
that time.

Now, in the new v0.25 release (as I explicitly mentioned in my first
mail) there is a complete support for "idling". Mythfrontend watches
user activity and when it's idle its countdown timer starts. And when it
reaches zero it automagically turns the screen off.

That is great, but I don't want to save just the screen so I am
searching for a way to modify the default behavior of the new 0.25 idle
feature.

I am going to download the source code to find my answer, I think.

Petr

P.S. I realize I could write a script that would watch the mythfrontend
log, parse it and when it sees the "idle timer fired" message it would
'killall mythfrontend'. But that would be just a workaround. I want to
implement a proper solution...