[mythtv-users] HDHR on a different network?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Jul 7 21:04:41 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-07 4:00 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> The "cheap" solution is just upgrade everything to gigabit networks
> and hope for the best (a better solution involves upgrading to gigabit
> with enterprise switches with at least larger (ideally settable) buffer
> sizes and the needed instrumentation so that you know when you
> are seeing drops, but I expect few will follow that path, although I do
> like to be able to see the numbers).

I'm like that. I have managed Gb switches throughout the network with an SNMP monitor watching everything.

for the OP, if you're using a single collision domain with 100MB, (unheard of these days) -- that's a problem in and of itself.

Additionally, what's the network load to your server? full duplex? and so on -- there's so many things that come into play.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
eMail: ben at benjammin.net                      http://www.benjammin.net