[mythtv-users] HDHR on a different network?

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:35:20 UTC 2012

I am using 0.25/fixes with a HDHR Prime 3 tuner also an additional HDHR
with remote frontend on the same 100Mbit network.  I have been running into
issues with LiveTV not being stable, filed bug
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10884  However, after changing the
network topology things started to improve.

Let me describe the original network (100Mbit): Remote Frontend -> AirPort
Extreme Switch -> another switch -> mythbackend/HDHR.  I then decided to
split the HDHR boxes onto its own network.  My mythbackend has two NICs,
one was connected to my LAN.  The other was an isolated network with the
two HDHR boxes.

This didn't completely solve the issues with the LiveTV complete, however,
it made it much better.  I was under the impression that a 100Mbit network
could handle traffic generated from the multiple HDHRs and remote frontend.
 Anyone has theories on this behavior or is it just dumb luck?