[mythtv-users] .25 - "Maximum buffer size exceeded"

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:30:03 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> > Also, I experienced the same issue as Monkey Pet. After it failed,
>> > myth continued to report that it was recording in the watch recordings
>> > screen. The reported file size continued to increase, and when playing
>> > it, myth continued to report the show growing longer. Now that the
>> > recording is over, myth is reporting the entire 67 minutes, even
>> > though it stopped after 29 minutes.
>> >
>> > I'm running 0.25 fixes from Sunday morning.
>> >
>> > So what could be causing this when I see absolutely no signs of any
>> > issues other than myth claiming there were issues?
>>
>> Seeing the same issue here...funnily enough it happened to the same
>> show (a midnight recording) over a three day period. All other
>> recordings throughout the days were fine.
>

> Anything in your crontab launching to consume your disk bandwidth or cpu?

There's an rsync that runs every five minutes to check for updates to
a website I run. That's been running for about 8 months without any
issues. Last night's recording went off without a hitch. I guess I'll
watch over the next few days. It's a green drive...maybe my live TV
drive should be a faster one?