[mythtv-users] Importing Old TV files

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Jul 6 09:43:13 UTC 2012

I recently did a completely fresh install of Mythtv Backend.  This
included making a new database.

I have come across some files of some recorded TV programs from my old
installation which I have copied to the video directory of the new
installation.

Mythtv sees the files and can play them back, but when I try and skip
forward a few minutes by pressing the right arrow cursor key (like I do
with the recorded TV programs), it comes up "Searching ..." and
eventually runs off the end of the recording.

Is there a better way to get at these recordings, and is there anyway to
just tell mythtv to skip forward a few minutes

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk