[mythtv-users] Derecho Damaged Mythtv

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Jul 5 15:29:45 UTC 2012

Some of you heard about that Derecho storm that caused a widespread
power outages here in VA.  Fortunately we didn't lose power for long,
but the cheap consumer grade APC UPS didn't protect the mythtv server
well enough with the power going on and off and on and off repeatably.
All the other computers running have had no issues.  Stability of the
server seems fine except for mythtv, about twice a day now the frontends
just hang with a protocol error. Sometimes when we try to watch livetv
we get a message about no tuners available...  I have tried debsums to
check the binaries, manual fsck,ext3 -f, and xfs_check as well as
running the backend with debugging (sort of useless thus far since it
doesn't actually crash).  Logs really haven't shown anything useful.
Last night I ran the table check from mythweb and found recordmatch
Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed, then repaired it.
All the upcoming recordings were gone, but the mythweb/tv/schedules
were still there.  However this morning the frontend crashed after
attempting to get a list of recordings.  I just tried
running optimize_mythdb.pl and no errors.  If this doesn't stabilize
soon, I am thinking I should reinstall mythbuntu.  Any suggestions what
else I should try?

The storm happened the late Friday the 29th of June, and the first db
error showed up on Jul 4 08:59:00.
Jul  4 08:59:00 io mythbackend[2329]: E Scheduler mythdbcon.cpp:825
(prepare) Driver error was [2/144]:#012QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare
statement#012Database error was:#012Table './mythconverg/recordmatch' is
marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

# grep error /var/log/mythtv/mythpreviewgen.log*| grep -v "decoding error"
/var/log/mythtv/mythpreviewgen.log.3:Jun  5 19:00:25 io
mythpreviewgen[29574]: E CoreContext configuration.cpp:66 (Load) Error
Msg: error occurred while parsing element

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derecho
More on the Derecho
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html?entrynum=2141

Thanks,