[mythtv-users] myth protocol with 0.25fixes

DFishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:35:20 UTC 2012

On 04/07/2012 12:32 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 7/3/2012 23:48, DFishburn wrote:
>> Jul  3 23:44:55 myth mythbackend[6156]: C ProcessRequest
>> mainserver.cpp:1259 (HandleVersion) MainServer::HandleVersion - Client
>> speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!
>>
>> Is there anything else I need to do, to enable the myth:// protocol on
>> 0.25?
>
> Clearly you need to upgrade to a version of mythbox that supports
> protocol version 72.  We do not support mythbox, so you would have to
> ask the XBMC people for more detailed advice than that.

It is not just mythbox, XBMC itself uses the myth:// protocol.

In version 0.21, the messages I received in the log were:
MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we
speak 56!

So the discrepancy between the versions is nothing new.

Though, changing from 0.21 to 0.25fixes, XBMC can no longer connect.

I will turn on debugging from XBMC and see if there are some additional
error messages that may provide more feedback.

I was hoping there were some other XBMC users on the list that had
upgraded to 0.25fixes.

Thanks,
Dave