[mythtv-users] Channels, video cards and scheduling

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Wed Jul 4 06:37:17 UTC 2012

As I have said elsewhere I have just migrated a Debian Stable to Ubuntu
Server 12.04 system. I have a NovaT 500 DVB card and a Pinnacle USB
stick for recording HD.

In my old setup I scanned for channels with both the Nova T and
separately again with the Pinnacle USB stick, and mythtv seemed to know
that the NovaT did not have the HD channels.  By giving the Nova T a
lower priority for the recording schedular, it would record all except
HD programs, where the Pinnacle would be scheduled when a HD recording
was requested.  By giving the specific HD channels higher recording
priority, they would be chosen over non HD versions of the program.

I have just tried to replicate the same setup again, but its not
working.  It appears the NovaT is being scheduled for HD programs.  How
can I tell mythtv that the NOVA T cannot see the HD channels?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk