[mythtv-users] 0.25 Major AV sync problems

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 3 23:45:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 23:16 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tuesday, 3 July 2012, Glen wrote:
>         I thought I had fixed my AV issues 5 mins ago. I altered my
>         VDPAU HQ
>         playback profile to use all 4 cpu cores. My AV sync went from
>         2.5+-0.5
>         to 0.1+-0.5.
>         As soon as I clicked reply on this email it shot back up to
>         2.7.
>         It seems to be fluctuating now. When it hits an add break it
>         seems to
>         drop back to 0.1 and then when the program returns it creeps
>         back up.
>

> ??
>

> Why would think that changing the VDPAU profile to use more CPUs would
> have a single effect ?? VDPAU is 100% GPU decode. CPU usage has no
> bearing on it, it's not used!

Well that is what I thought, but for some reason the option is still
available so I thought I'd see what happens. As I said above I thought
it had had an effect because it was all of a sudden greatly reduced but
before I could type "I thought..." it was back to 2.7, it was purely a
coincidence. I changed it back to 1 and there was no change. It would
seem something is different about the video specs of the commercials and
the program to cause the AV delay to fluctuate in this manner.

PS: are there any other settings that are redundant in the VDPAU
profiles?