[mythtv-users] quickly deleting untunable channels?? (hd prime w/ comcast)

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 23:35:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Scott Chevalley <avalon at osguru.org>wrote:
>
>> On 07/03/2012 10:24 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com
>> > <mailto:watkinshome at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     On 2 July 2012 04:20, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com
>> >     <mailto:monkeypet at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >     > Hi all, I have a HD prime with comcast.  I am wondering how I
>> force mythtv
>> >     > to delete all the non-tunable channels.  I have been doing it
>> manually after
>> >     > having it retrieve the lineup from schedulesdirect.  However, I
>> am wondering
>> >     > if there is a much faster method to do it, since there are
>> hundreds of
>> >     > channels.  Also can I access the channel editor from the
>> mythfrontend?  I
>> >     > have been going through mythtvsetup to do my channel editing.
>>  Thanks.
>> >

>> >     If you already know what channels you want to delete then maybe you
>> >     can use a modified version of the script on the this page?
>> >
>> >     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments
>> >
>> >     It doesn't necessarily save a lot the first time you use it, but it
>> >     makes sorting things out following a channel rescan much easier.
>> >

>> > I simply change the "visible" flag using the MythWeb channel editor.  I
>> also do

MythWeb was the fastest way.  However, I found going straight to the mySQL
also really easy especially for bulk channel modifications.  After speeding
a few hours, I think I have my channel lineup just right.

(backup your db first)

Here are some example mysql cmds:

(example select)
select channum,callsign,name,visible from channel where callsign like
'%radio%';

(example update)
update channel set visible=0 where channum >= 400 and channum <= 420;