[mythtv-users] Made my own fanart but Myth's not using it

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Jul 3 18:59:59 UTC 2012

On 03.07.2012 20:16, Michael wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 11:05 PM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>>
>> * put it somewhere on the web (may be local) and add proper custom
>> metadata (e.g. MXML) see
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Universal_Metadata_Format
>
> As a related question, what is the best way to add coverart for personal
> files?
>
> I have some family videos, scuba dives, etc that I would like to give a
> thumbnail. In previous versions, I had a script that use mplayer to get
> a screen capture 1 minute in, and then it would make the appropriate db
> changes.
>
> I am not sure how to do this with the 0.25 version.

The wiki page I linked to provides the interface between your script
and MythTV. Just put the data into a file called <theVideoName>.mxml
and rescan.
You can also properly credit your family members as actors so you can
search for videos where grandma was present. (or order by date of
production, add your notes as synopsis, etc pp)

You might also want to try mythpreviewgen instead of mplayer, but I'm
not sure how you can manually run it on videos.

Regards,
Karl