[mythtv-users] quickly deleting untunable channels?? (hd prime w/ comcast)

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Tue Jul 3 14:45:26 UTC 2012

On 07/03/2012 10:24 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com
> <mailto:watkinshome at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2 July 2012 04:20, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com
>     <mailto:monkeypet at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi all, I have a HD prime with comcast.  I am wondering how I force mythtv
>     > to delete all the non-tunable channels.  I have been doing it manually after
>     > having it retrieve the lineup from schedulesdirect.  However, I am wondering
>     > if there is a much faster method to do it, since there are hundreds of
>     > channels.  Also can I access the channel editor from the mythfrontend?  I
>     > have been going through mythtvsetup to do my channel editing.  Thanks.
>

>     If you already know what channels you want to delete then maybe you
>     can use a modified version of the script on the this page?
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments
>
>     It doesn't necessarily save a lot the first time you use it, but it
>     makes sorting things out following a channel rescan much easier.
>

> I simply change the "visible" flag using the MythWeb channel editor.  I also do
> this for channels that I know I'll never watch so they don't clutter up my guide
> and search results (seems like every show on the home shopping channels appear
> as a new series when I do a search).

I'm interested in doing this as well since Verizon FIOS is going to start
marking some channels copy-once at the end of the month.  I have 3 of the
Hauppauge DCR-2650, which are very similar to the HDHR Prime, and I find if I
tune to a channel marked as anything other than copy freely the frontend I'm
using freezes on a black screen.  All of my frontends are using moderately old
nvidia cards, mostly gforce 210's, although I do some testing with an old Dell
D820 with some mobile nvidia chipset.   Is this normal, because that will making
looking through the channels for copy-once channels to delete rather time consuming.

Thanks!